AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.1.1 Beta Released
AMD released an updated beta of the Crimson ReLive Edition that brings new features and enhancements to Radeon cards. The most notable updates will make every PC Resident Evil 7: Biohazard supported which will be launching on Jan 24th. There were also major updates to ensure Dishonored 2 performs well, a game which users had seen hang, crash, or otherwise became unresponsive.
The smaller updates still correct significant pain points users have been seeing. All the issues listed below have been addressed.
All the fixes include:
- Dishonored 2 experiencing a hang or crash for some Radeon R9 380 users
- When using Windows 7 basic themes, Radeon ReLive may show an improper warning popup message
- A blue screen of death appears when loading audio drivers on AMD XConnect Technology configurations
- XConnect Solidworks termination issues have been fixed
- Black screens appearing after installing ReLive Editions 16.12.1 and later on some systems
- When apps wake up from a screen time out, users may experience display corruption or TDR
- DirectX 11 for Multi-GPU may cause flickering in Paragon
- When using Instant Replay or if you use Desktop Recording, Radeon ReLive may crash or become unresponsive when switching between Multi GPU
Overall the update fixes many issues users have complained about, but we have to remember this is only the beta. Tell us in the comments below what you think about the update, and whether you’re in the beta or not.