Nvidia 375.85 Drivers: Why You Should Not Upgrade Right Now
Having the latest drivers is normally the ideal case for your system but it seems that it is not the case with the Nvidia 375.85 drivers. If you have a 10 series GPU in your system then the Nvidia 375.85 drivers may cause more harm then good.
Nvidia 375.85 drivers is causing problems when it comes to clock speeds of the GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 GPUs. Multiple reports have claimed that these drivers are causing clock speed problems and Nvidia has acknowledged the problem.
If you are facing problems running games that were working perfectly fine just a day ago the you have been updated to the latest Nvidia 375.85 drivers. It is recommended that you try reverting back to previous drivers and see if the issue remains.
Here are the issues that come with the Nvidia 375.85 drivers:
- Battlefield 1 displays flicker after 11/15 patch w/ SLI enabled
- Battlefield 1 menu text becomes jittery after 11/15 patch w/ SLI
- Some GTX 1080/1070/1060 GPUs video memory stuck at 810Mhz
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare SLI flicker w/ render resolution above 100
- Incorrect F@H work units after update to R375 drivers
For now you should avoid updating till there is a proper driver update or a hotfix to adress these concerns. Looking at how the issue concerns a lot of users it is most probable that we will be seeing a fix soon enough but we really cant say.
What do you think about the Nvidia 375.85 drivers?