Nvidia GTX 20 Series GPUs And GTX 2080 Ti Possibilities
Although I think that it is a bit too soon to make speculations about the upcoming GPU series from Nvidia, the Nvidia GTX 20 series GPUs. That is not holding people back from guessing what the future GPUs will bring to the table. So what you are getting in this post is all speculation and it is possible that none of this actually turns out to be true. Keep that in mind while reading on.
Here are the speculations from 3DCenter regarding the Nvidia GTX 20 series GPUs. What is particularly interesting is the speculation for the GTX 2080 Ti.
Nvidia GTX 20 series GPUs will most likely be built on the 14nm process and will be refresh versions of the cards that we see right now. We can hope to see a performance improvement of about 10-30% across the board as compared to the 10 series GPUs. Talking about the high-end GTX 2080 Ti we can expect a refreshed GP102 core along with 3384 CUDA cores and GDDR5X on a 384-bit memory interface.
Speculated specs for Nvidia GTX 20 series GPUs:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 Ti: GP102/3384/384-bit/GDDR5X
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080: GP104/2560/256-bit/GDDR5X
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2070: GP104/2048/256-bit/GDDR5X
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2060 Ti 6GB: GP106/1280/192-bit/GDDR5
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2060 6GB: GP106/1024/192-bit/GDDR5
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2050: GP107/768/128-bit/GDDR5
Speculated price for Nvidia GTX 20 series GPUs:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 Ti: $799
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080: $499
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2070: $349
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2060 Ti 6GB: $229
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2060 6GB: $179
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 2050: $139
Sites are claiming that this will enable Nvidia to gain a substantial lead over the competition, that means AMD but we have yet to see what AMD Vega 10 has to offer.
I will be holding my thoughts regarding Nvidia’s lead till there is more information regarding both the Nvidia GTX 20 series GPUs as well AMD Vega. AMD might still be on to something we might not be anticipating.