AMD Crimson Driver 16.1.1 Hotfix Released Notes Inside
Even with regular updates being released, the AMD Radeon Software Crimson needs hotfixes that attend to issues specific to certain programs, most notably the latest games that many of us are playing. In light of that, AMD Crimson Driver 16.1.1 hotfix has been released to solve a list of issues.
However, top of the line are a Crossfire profile and performance optimizations specific to Rise of the Tomb Raider alongside a Crossfire profile for Fallout 4 – Bethesda Softworks’ latest.
Other than that the AMD Crimson Driver 16.1.1 hotfix attends to Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Star Wars: Battlefront, Dota 2, and Battlefield Hardline related bugs as well as some bug fixes for the Radeon Settings app.
Here’s a rundown on the list of changes:
-  Assassin’s Creed Syndicate – Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with VSync enabled
-  Display corruption may occur on systems with multiple display systems when they have been left idle for some time
-  Mordheim: City of the Damned – some loading screens may be very dark
-  Star Wars™: Battlefront – The sky rendering may be corrupted in some situations
-  Radeon Settings – AMD OverDrive™ Power setting changes on the secondary GPU are not immediately displayed. This is seen only on dual GPU graphics cards, such as the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 and Radeon™ R9 295×2
-  Radeon Settings – AMD OverDrive™ clock gauge needles for the secondary GPU may be in wrong position when the system is idle and the secondary GPU is inactive
-  Some games may experience brightness flickering with AMD FreeSync™ enabled
-  AMD Radeon Additional Settings window will close if the help button is pressed on Japanese/Korean language setups
-  Corruption seen in video playback for M2TS format files via Windows® 10 Movie & TV application
-  Flickering textures experienced in Dota 2 when accessing the “Heroes” menu
-  Battlefield Hardline – A crash may occur when changing graphics settings from “Ultra” to “High” during gameplay
-  The screen may turn dark and colors may be corrupted after installing the driver on some AMD Crossfire™ setups
-  Custom game profiles are reset to defaults after system is restarted
-  HDMI audio lost when monitor enters sleep mode and are woken up
-  Black line corruption seen all along the edges of characters and menus in Game of Thrones™
There are some known issues that persist even after the AMD Crimson Driver 16.1.1 hotfix but those will be adressed next time for sure.
Being the Managing Editor of TechFrag, Sarmad splits his time between keeping up with latest news, technology, gaming and other awesome things like unearthing the merits of staying up at night and Californication!