MSI Unveils GeForce GTX 980 Ti Sea Hawk with Corsair’s Liquid-Cooling Module
MSI recently partnered with Corsair, and the result of this unique partnership has come out in the form of the GeForce GTX 980 Ti SEA HAWK. This latest addition to MSI’s legendary Hawk graphics cards family offers impressive gaming performance at low temperatures and low noise levels.
“MSI GTX 980Ti SEA HAWK is the product of a revolutionary partnership, combining MSI’s top-notch graphics card engineering with the popular Corsair Hydro series liquid-cooling module,” MSI notes in the product description. “The result is one of the coolest and most silent GTX 980 Ti cards available on the market.”
The new SEA HAWK card utilizes the popular Corsair H55 closed loop liquid-cooling solution. Along with that is the low-profile aluminum radiator that is equipped with a super silent 120 mm fan with variable speeds based on the GPU temperature.
To yield best performance, the GTX 980Ti SEA HAWK features a ball-bearing radial fan and a custom shroud design to ensure top-notch cooling for all components, including the memory and VRM.
Here are the key technical specifications of the new graphics card:
- Graphics Processing Unit: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- Interface: PCI Express x16 3.0
- Boost / Base Core Clock: 1291 MHz / 1190 MHz
- Memory Size: (MB) 6144
- Memory Type: GDDR5
- Memory Interface: 384-bit
- Memory Clock Speed (MHz): 7096 MHZ
- DVI Connectors: 1 (Dual-link DVI-I), Max Resolution: 2560 x 1600 @60 Hz
- HDMI Connectors: 1 (version 1.4a/2.0) , Max Resolution: 4096×2160 @24 Hz (1.4a), 3840×2160 @60 Hz (2.0)
- DisplayPort 3 (version 1.2) , Max Resolution: 4096×2160 @60 Hz
- Maximum Displays: 4
- HDCP Support: Y
- RAMDAC speed (MHz): 400
- DirectX Version Support: 12
- OpenGL Version Support: 4.5
- Multi-GPU Technology: SLI, 4-way
- Card Dimension(mm): 270 x 111 x 40
- Card Weight (g): 1286
- Power consumption (W): 250
- Recommended PSU (W): 600
- Power Connectors: 6-pin x 1, 8-pin x 1
- Accessories: 6-pin to 8-pin Power cable x 1
Even though the GTX 980Ti SEA HAWK provides overclockers with some serious clock speeds out-of-the-box, the MSI Afterburner allows them to go even further.
“Explore the limits with Triple Overvoltage, custom profiles and real-time hardware monitoring,” MSI notes in the press release. “Afterburner also adds an in-game FPS counter and can be customized with downloadable user skins. Stay in charge with the mobile app for Android or iOS, there is no need to get out of the game.”
MSI GTX 980Ti SEA HAWK is available with an MSRP of US $739.99. For more information, visit the official product page.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.