Review: Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery – Truly Worthwhile
The possibility to recover lost data from a Mac computer or a storage device is a great relief to all those users who know the pain of losing digital memories in the form of pictures, videos, and others necessary files. Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery is a powerful data recovery software that recovers data present on the storage drive in an inaccessible state, which can result from the formatting of drive, corruption of drive’s file system, or deletion of data (emptying from Trash).
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Overview
The most impressive thing about Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery is the ability to recover lost or deleted data from any kind of storage media including HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, memory card, and optical drive. The software requires only 50 MB of free space on Mac storage drive for installation, 1 GB (2 GB recommended) RAM, and Intel Core i3 or better processor for faster scanning and recovery. Here are some of the notable features.
- Recovers documents, emails, videos, audio, and pictures
- Provides recovery from corrupt BootCamp Partitions & Time Machine Backup
- Recovers unmounted, encrypted, or inaccessible volumes
- Recovers data from MacBook (Air/Pro), iMac (Pro), Mac (Pro/Mini)
- Compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13 and older versions till 10.6
Quick Testing of SPMDR
We performed the product testing on a Mac with Intel Corei3 processor, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, and macOS High Sierra 10.13. During the testingof Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recoverysoftware, we tried to recover deleted videos on Mac and found that the recovered data worked well. Here is systematic procedure:
1. Downloaded the software from the official website of Stellar Data Recovery
2. Installed the software on our Mac
3. Deleted few sample of video files of different format
4. Toggled on Videos from the “Select What to Recover” screen
5. From the “Select Location” screen, opted the storage drive (where data was deleted)
6. Toggled on “Deep Scan” from the bottom left corner of the screen
7. Clicked the Scan button and watched the scan-progress & run-time preview
8. After the scan was over, double clicked a scanned video file to launch its preview
9. Selected the required video files and clicked the Recover button
10. Browsed the destination to save the recoverable data and clicked the Save button
We explored to the destination to verify the recovered videos and as expected, the video files opened and played without any trouble. There was no audio and videosyncissue, no abrupt pause, no jerkiness, or any error. The recovery was a success.
Thiswas a quick review to judge the functionality of the software and find its recovery capability. We have not done any extensive speed test to calculate how much time it takes to scan and recover lost data using different storage media. However, we can surely say that the software performs its data recovery task quickly and with cent percent accuracy irrespective of the storage media used.
What We Liked and Disliked about SPMDR
The software has an excellentgraphical user interface and easy to use navigation functionality. Even an uninitiated novice user can perform the data recovery task with ease; it is a DIY software. We liked the advanced functionality such as “Create Image” to recover from the severelycorrupt drive, “Can’t Find Volume” to search lost volume, and “Save & Load Scan” to perform the recovery task at our own convenient time. We found that the software was able to handle diversedata loss situations with ease. Although we did not find any glitch or software bug that can qualify for disliking,we dowish to get auto upgrades to new versions without the need to buy the complete product over again.
Who Can Benefit from the Software?
From our view, the beneficiariesof the software includeindividuals who have lost their preciousmemories, technicians who are providing data recovery service, and enterprises that need complete resolution against data loss disaster to ensure business continuity.
How Does Data Recovery Software Work?
Tospeed up the deletion task, macOS deletes a file by merely removing the reference of the file from its file system instead of deleting it permanently; data remains intact. The marooned state of dataleaves an opportunity for data recovery software to scan the storage drive physically bit by bit and compare the standard file signatures with the scanned bits to secure the raw data.
After having hands-on experience with the Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software, we found that the software recovers data that are lost or deleted, has super simple and aesthetically pleasing GUI, and highlighted great capability and success rate on our Mac testing computer. We recommend the software to all data recovery desirers who wish to recover their lost data.