Xiaomi MI Note 3 4G Phablet Review
The first time I heard the name “Xiaomi” was from a Chinese friend of mine visiting the States. As I stared at his phone wondering if it was a new Samsung model, he quickly corrected me and said it was Xiaomi, or what many people in his home country called “the Apple of the East.”
While in the West, Xiaomi may not be a common brand name, that doesn’t mean that its quality is not at the level of more western brands. Thanks to my Chinese friend who works for a reputable tech company in Beijing, I was able to purchase the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4G Phablet.
Testing out the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4G Phablet was a fun experience. I’ve always been an iPhone user, but after getting my hands on this model, I think Xiaomi could make a big splash in the US.
If you’re interested in trying out new phone brands coming from overseas, keep on reading as I give you a quick guide on the features that this phone offers as well as a few pros and cons.
What does the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4G Phablet Come With
First off, the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 comes in three colors (Black, gold, and silver) and it has a 5.5-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 pixels at a PPI of 403 pixels per inch. It has a sleek and modern design, the back of the device is metal plated, to provide a long-lasting durability. The phone is powered by powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 CPU.
It comes with some other features such as:
· A triple camera: two 12.0MP back cameras and one 16.0MP front camera.
· A non removable battery with a capacity of (mAh): 3500mAh (typ) / 3400mAh (min)
· Bluetooth 5.0
· Dual SIM card feature.
· 6GB of RAM
· OS: Android OS / MIUI 8
· Fingerprint scanner.
The dimensions are 15.26 x 7.39 x 0.76 cm / 6.01 x 2.91 x 0.3 inches while weighing only 163 grams. In a sense, the Xiaomi is equally as compact, thin, and lightweight as an iPhone 6.
Something that many Asian phone brands fail to address is that not all consumers will be residing in Asia. The fact that Xiaomi is aware of this and offers international options puts it ahead of the game. This was something that called my attention and gave Xiaomi some extra points.
What are the Negative and Positive Points?
As with any product, there are pros and cons which I feel are necessary to list. To help inform you about this product, let me cover some of the benefits and disadvantages that I feel are worth mentioning about the Mi Note 3 4G Phablet.
· It comes with a triple camera feature which takes excellent quality photographs and videos.
· Different power adapter plugs are offered.
· It comes with a fingerprint scanner.
· Thin, lightweight, and modern design.
· Decent price at just $439.99, it’s a good alternative to iPhone 7 Plus ($669)
· The quality and design are at the same level as most leading Samsung and Apple models.
· Has various lighting settings to adjust to different situations such as daytime, nighttime, and reading mode settings.
· This model does not support any external memory.
· Because Xiaomi is a predominately Asian product, consumers from outside Asia, will only be able to purchase the phone online. You can buy the phone from a reputable website GearBest.
· Only has English and Chinese as language options which might be somewhat inconvenient for European and Latin American consumers.
Overall, I feel that the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4G Phablet is an excellent smartphone that compares in quality, design, and durability to many of the leading Apple and Samsung models on the market.
A Final Word
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 4G is a great phone whether you are a tech enthusiast or simply an individual looking for something new outside the Apple and Samsung world, Xiaomi is an excellent option to go for.
By purchasing this product, you get a smartphone with a triple camera feature which takes high-quality pictures and videos. You also get a sleek, modern, and durable design, power voltage and plugs specific to your country, 6GB of RAM, crisp screen resolution, and various other features that will enhance your mobile phone experience.
If you’re reading this article and you already own a phone from the Xiaomi line, we’d love to hear from you. Let us know in the comments’ section below what you think of Xiaomi and how it compares to other phone companies.
Eric is an avid tech junkie, gamer, and comic fan. When he's not working on his PC, you'll find him at your local comic book shop.