AMD Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Fixes Display Loss Issues, Adds CF Profile For Battlefield 1
AMD has just released a new driver called Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.3, for its graphics cards. The driver adds Crossfire profiles for Battlefield 1 Beta and the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The release comes only a couple of days after NVIDIA rolled out a new GeForce driver optimized for the Battlefield 1 Open Beta and World of Warcraft: Legion.
In addition to adding Crossfire profiles, Crimson Edition 16.8.3 resolves a random blank or colored screen issue on some Radeon RX 400 series products. This has been an issue for nearly two months now and affected a small amount of users who reported experiencing display loss while gaming.
Below are the full release notes for Crimson Edition 16.8.3.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Highlights
New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided
- Battlefield™ 1 Beta
A random blank or colored screen may be experienced intermittently on some Radeon RX 400 series products while gaming.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”.
- Radeon Software may intermittently fail to install or hang on some AMD CrossFire configurations. If this happens users can reboot and re-install without issue as a workaround.
- Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics when playing at 4K resolution in story mode.
- A small number of 144hz non-FreeSync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on desktop.
- Ark Survival Evolved™ may experience an error message when trying to launch the game in some configurations.
- DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
- Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
- Shader Cache may remain be enabled when set to “off” in Radeon Settings on some Hybrid Graphics configurations.
- Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience intermittent stuttering in The Division™ when high game settings are used and vsync is enabled.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
- World of Tanks™ may experience stuttering after performing a task switch in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Rocket League™ may experience flickering when in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with “crazy” in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.
You can download the new Crimson Edition 16.8.3 from the official AMD driver site.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.