AMD Crimson 16.8.2 Driver Update Adds Support For No Man’s Sky
One of the major problems that team red fans of the past had that they did not get driver support on time. But that was a long time ago and AMD has come a long way since then. It seems that the company is staying true to their promise of providing proper software support with the latest release of the AMD Crimson 16.8.2 driver which adds support for No Man’s Sky.
This is not the first time that AMD has done this. We also saw AMD Crimson drivers coming out for Mirror’s Edge and other modern titles. AMD Crimson 16.8.2 Driver also adds support for the new Paragon Beta. There are also some other fixes in this AMD Crimson 16.8.2 driver which you will find helpful.
The following are the fixes that come with this driver update:
- Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent application crash when browsing the hero gallery.
- With a Freesync supported display and Freesync enabled, some users may experience flickering on the desktop during system idle.
- A small number of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition systems may experience install issues with secure boot enabled.
All the above-mentioned problems have been fixed in the AMD Crimson 16.8.2 driver. As is always the case, there are always some known issues that are as follows:
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In-Game Overlay”.
- Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics when playing at 4K resolution in story mode.
- A small number of 144hz non-Freesync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on a desktop.
- Ark Survival Evolved™ may experience an error message when trying to launch the game in some configurations.
- DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
- Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
Check out the release notes to find out about all the known issues concerning the AMD Crimson 16.8.2 driver.
If you are on team red and you want to play No Man’s Sky then you will need to update to AMD Crimson 16.8.2 driver. After you have done this, you should reboot your system to make sure that all the changes have been made. If it does not prompt you to do so automatically then you should do it manually to be on the safe side.