Asus ROG GX700, World’s First Liquid-Cooled Laptop Launched in India
Asus has launched the world’s first liquid-cooled laptop, the ROG GX700, in India. The laptop features a detachable ROG-exclusive Hydro Overclocking System cooling module with dual 92mm radiators which the company says could dissipate over 500W of heat. Users can also opt for the traditional cooling system if they want, instead of the overclocking module.
Specs-wise, the ROG GX700 sports a 17.3-inch 4K Ultra HD monitor with Nvidia G-Sync technology. It is powered by 6th Gen Intel Skylake Core i7-6820HK processor that runs at 2.7GHz with Turbo up to 3.6GHz. This is coupled with a dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 GPU with 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM, and 16GB of DDR4 memory that is expandable up to 64GB.
According to Asus, the Hydro Overclocking System would also allow for superior overclocking, in addition to unprecedented cooling capabilities. The CPU can be overclocked up to 48 per cent and the DDR4 RAM by up to 43 percent.
Asus ROG GX700 Specs
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 6820HK Processor
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Chipset: Intel® CM236 Express Chipset
- Memory: DDR4 2800(O.C.)/2400 MHz SDRAM, up to 64 G
- Display: 17.3″ 16:9 Full HD (1920×1080)/IPS UHD (3840 x 2160) anti-glare
- Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Storage: RAID0 Support PCIE x 4 256G / 512G
- Card Reader: 2-in-1 card reader ( SD/ MMC)
- Camera: HD Web Camera
- Audio: ASUS Sonic Studio
- Battery: 6 Cells (93 Whrs)
The ROG GX700 gaming laptop is available for purchase on the Asus India site, for Rs. 4,12,990 MRP.
In addition to this, the company has also launched the ROG Strix GL502 in India. The laptop costs Rs. 1,27,990 for the base model featuring a 15.6-inch 4K UHD display, Intel Core i7-6800HQ processor, and a dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX970M GPU.