Annoying Windows 10 Upgrade Notification Now Comes in Full Screen
If you have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 you know how annoying it is to get the pop-up Windows 10 upgrade notification. But now it seems that with the free upgrade deadline coming near Microsoft has upped its game. The Windows 10 upgrade notification now annoys you in full screen.
Having this notification means that it interrupts anything that you are doing. Plus the fact that Microsoft is trying to sell you their new Windows 10, which has been out for a while now and can not be called new anymore.
According to Microsoft, the above full-screen Windows 10 upgrade notification will not appear if at least one of these conditions is met:
- You have a recent version of the “Get Windows 10” app installed.
- You have selected the Do not notify me again option.
- Your computer is detected to be incompatible with Windows 10.
- You have previously uninstalled Windows 10 after you upgrade.
- Your Windows 10 installation failed and rolled back.
- You have hidden the “Get Windows 10” app notifications.
- You have disabled the Windows 10 upgrade or you have disabled the offer screen through registry key settings.
For people that do not want to make the switch the good news is that the windows 10 free upgrade period ends on 29th of July and after that, you will not get any notification to upgrade to Windows 10.
Microsoft will be charging users for the upgrade and Windows 10 upgrade will cost users $119. This does seem a bit much for an OS but then again you had ample time to upgrade for free and you chose not to, so that is that.
Recently a woman won $10,000 against Microsoft after she claimed that her PC upgraded to Windows 10 without her permission and now her system is unusable. She has been paid for her inconvenience, though. This court case has made the news and has brought Microsoft into the spotlight.