AMD Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2 Adds Support for New Radeon RX 480
AMD has released a new driver for its graphics cards, the Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2, that adds official support for the newly released Radeon RX 480 GPU. The driver also brings a new AMD Crossfire profile for World of Tanks, as well as fixes a number flickering issues observed in CF mode configurations while playing Hitman, Elite Dangerous, and some other titles.
In addition, AMD Crimson Edition 16.6.2 adds support for Radeon WattMan, a brand new utility for Radeon Software which is designed to allow users per state control over clocks, voltages, and temperatures. A new CrossFire Toggle has also been introduced into Radeon Settings for toggling AMD Crossfire support globally “on” for supported games or “off” for all gaming profiles.
According to release notes, Radeon Settings has now added two new options: the first option allows you to set display color temperature based on either the display’s predefined settings or manually via a slider, while the other by the “Desktop Color” launches the operating system’s color page. Both these options are available under the “Display” tab in Radeon Settings for supported configurations.
You can also access the currently installed Vulkan version information through the Radeon Settings “System -> Software” tab.
Here’s a list of the fixed issues as per release notes:
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations while playing Hitman™ in select gameplay missions.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations while playing Heroes of the Storm™.
- Intermittent or minor white flashing may occur on some web browsers when using Netflix™ and hovering over the UI or icons.
- Minor stuttering may occur in AMD Crossfire mode configurations when playing Elite Dangerous™.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations while using the inventory and character pages in The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt.
- Flickering may be observed in AMD Crossfire mode configurations during the battle and tutorial loading screens in Star Wars™ Battlefront.
You can download Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2 from HERE.