AMD Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Drivers Released for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
In attempts to get driver support available ahead of AAA games launch, AMD Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Drivers have been released for the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. Radeon users also get updates in order to support Paragon which is having a Double Rep Weekend Jun 9-12. This is good news for the Dark Souls 3 enthusiasts that are looking to run a crossfire profile with these driver updates.
There are a number of fixed issues with these driver updates. These include but are not limited to setting crossfire profiles for Origin and Uplay games. The flickering issues that the Fallout 4 gamers and Oculus Rift users experienced have now been resolved too. Following is the full list of fixes that are featured in the AMD Crimson Edition 16.6.1 drivers update.
- Display flickering or corruption may be experienced when playing videos in a web browser.
- DiRT Rally™ may experience poor performance on some tracks with rainy/night scenes.
- The HDMI® display scaling options in Radeon Settings may be missing when the display is set to an interlaced resolution.
- The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
- Fallout™ 4 may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode for some game textures.
- Flickering on Oculus Rift™ headsets may be experienced when multiple displays are connected with differing resolutions.
- Radeon Settings additional settings page may fail to open after performing a Windows Update and then installing the latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition,
As always is the case with new drivers, there are some known issues with the update that users may experience. But luckily these issues do no concern a majority of the people. Following are the known issues concerning the AMD Crimson Edition 16.6.1 Drivers.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Doom™ some game levels may experience shimmering textures.
- The Division™ may hang when using Quad AMD Crossfire™ technology. As a workaround users are recommended to disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Radeon Settings gaming profile options for Uplay applications may not take effect.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
- On some AMD XConnect™ technology external GPU enclosures, a TDR may be observed when the dGPU is set to primary display and the laptop display is set to extended display with video playback
This was all about the AMD Crimson Edition 16.6.1 drivers released for the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. If you are going to get the new Mirror’s Edge then you are going to need this driver update.