LUXGEN Motors Integrating Nvidia-Powered Infotainment In Its S3 Model
In a market full of competition, companies have to bring something exceptional to stand out of the crowd. To stand out in the auto-mobile market, Taiwanese car-maker LUXGEN Motors Co. has struck a deal with Nvidia to bring a premium infotainment system to its cars.
LUXGEN’s S3 model is equipped with THINK+ 4.0, an advanced infotainment system powered by Nvidia Tegra mobile processor. The Tegra integrates a range of processors to THINK+ 4.0, including multi core ARM CPU, a powerful GPU and dedicated audio, video and image processors. All of this with low power consumption.
The LUXGEN S3 is five seater sedan car which will be available in Taiwan this month. The car is built upon a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, and is equipped with advanced driver assistance system (ADAS).
The ADAS features include:
- 3D X-View+ 3D vision assist system.
- Active Eagle View+ 360 degree camera system.
- Side View+ camera system.
All of these are managed by THINK+ 4.0 powered by Nvidia. The ADAS and infotainment features have already impressed the mainstream Taiwanese market, and now LUXGEN Motor Co. is aiming for Chinese market as well.
Not only Tegra processor, the LUXGEN Motors Co. has also struck a deal with Nvidia for other operations in its company, as well.
- NVIDIA Quadro pro graphics power HP workstations that LUXGEN uses to design and manufacture its vehicles. In fact, the carmaker has the most Quadro Design Centers in Taiwan.
- NVIDIA Iray based app Lumiscaphe, which enables state-of-the-art workflows, lets designers interact in real time with 3D virtual models.
- LUXGEN uses Quadro GPUs and Iray for Maya to render the LUXGEN ProVR showroom app. LUXGEN is the first to use Unreal Engine 4 to deploy NVIDIA VRWorks in designing the ProVR app in Greater China market.
- VR Ready NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPUs and Oculus headsets provide the ultimate virtual experience for potential car buyers at LUXGEN’s VR showrooms across Taiwan.