AMD Crimson Edition 220.127.116.11 Hotfix Brings Up To 35% Performance Boost For DOOM
AMD has released a new version of its Radeon Crimson graphics driver namely Crimson 18.104.22.168 Hotfix. This new driver improves performance up to 35% for DOOM on Radeon R9 390 series.
It is important to mention that Radeon Crimson 22.214.171.124 Hotfix is still encountering some issues with The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt inventory and character pages, flickering in Fallout 4, along with other issues in Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare and Forza Motorsport 6 Apex.
Highlights of this release are listed below:
- Performance increase by up to 35% on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products in Doom™ versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2(1)
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”.
- Call of Duty™: Advanced Warfare may exhibit stuttering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology and AMD Crossfire technology in conjunction.
- The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
You can check out the full list of changes and issues on AMD’s official website.
In terms of compatibility, two download packages X86 and X64 are available for Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
What do you think of this performance boost by Crimson 126.96.36.199 Hotfix for Doom? Let us know in the comments.