Forza Motorsport 6: APEX Latest Update Adds VSync Option, Stability Fixes for AMD Devices
A new update for Forza Motorsport 6: APEX is now out, which brings various stability and performance improvements – especially for AMD devices. The latest patch also adds an option to disable VSync, as well as introduces gameplay modifications to a handful of events.
Forza Motorsport 6: APEX – Update May 12th Changelog:
- Players can now disable Vsync in Apex (NOTE: This feature requires upgrading to a specific version of Windows 10 [OS Build 10586.318]).
- Stability and performance updates spanning a number of machine configurations, with specific focus on AMD devices
- Gameplay/objective modifications to a handful of events in both the Showcase Tour and Spotlight Series
- Improved integration between Apex and Forza Hub, as well as improved redemption flow for the free Nissan GT-R bonus car
- Additional UI fixes and general improvements, including: Expiration times for Spotlight Series events are now shown in local time; “New” UI designation now only applies to events that are actually new; Total medals available in Spotlight Series now only counts for active events
This latest patch will be auto-downloaded from Windows 10 store.
In related news, Digital Foundry recently posted the performance analysis of the Forza Motorsport 6: APEX using Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 and AMD Radeon R9 390 graphics cards.
Turns out that both cards run the game at solid 60 FPS in a Rio De Janeiro track at 1080p resolution. But as we switch to the Sebring club circuit with rain enabled, both cards start dropping frame rates and R9 390 comes out to be a winner–with the card having a lead of 10 FPS over the GTX 970 in some instances.