Oculus Rift Review Roundup – Revolutionary Hardware Requiring Lots of Hardware and Investment
The much awaited Oculus Rift is now being shipped to consumers with first reviews pouring in from major publications.
Users who backed Oculus Rift back in 2012 are now getting their hands on the device with an appreciation note from the Oculus Team.
While we are yet to get our hands on the said device, first reviews from various major publications are now pouring in – showing mixed impressions from the techies.
According to New York Times; the Oculus Rift is nothing, but a clunky portal to a promising virtual reality. TechRadar, on the other hand, finds it to be an outstanding device that they have only dreamt of and hope to see it get better.
In case you still have not made your mind up about Oculus Rift, we have compiled a list of reviews to help you make up your mind:
- Polygon – Retail virtual reality is here. It was worth the wait.
- The Verge – 8 out of 10
- The Wall Street Journal – VR’s rising star isn’t ready for the mainstream
- Engadget – The rift requires lots of hardware and a big investment, but it’s worth it
- TechCrunch – The Oculus Rift surely might be the most momentous product launch of the decade
- Eurogamer – The rift is highly recommended, and I cannot wait to see where this revolutionary technology takes us
What is your take on these reviews? Let us know in the comments section below!
Arslan is one of Techfrag's regular news writers. When not digging out news stories, he is found buried nose deep in fantasy novels, wasted listening to dubstep, or raging against Xbox Live kids. Need I say more?