Gigabyte C236 Chipset-Based X170-Extreme ECC MOBO is Now Available, Supports DD4 ECC Memory
Gigabyte has released its X170-Extreme ECC motherboard based on Intel C236 chipset which comes with support for DDR4 ECC memory, Xeon E3-1200 V5 CPUs, and all Skylake processors.
The Gigabyte X170-Extreme ECC motherboard is a standard ATX form-factor mob that boasts a military-styled color-theme and includes a couple of high end gaming features.
These features include dual Gigabit Ethernet, Creative SoundCore 3D audio, Nichicon audio capacitors, dual-UEFI BIOS, ground-layer isolation, and more. In addition to this, some other features include:
- Supports the Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 processor and 6th Gen. Intel Core i3/ Pentium/ Celeron Processor
- Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel USB 3.1 with USB Type-C – The World’s Next Universal Connector
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Exclusive Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over the PCIe Slots
- Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connectors with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)
- 3 SATA Express Connectors for up to 16Gb/s Data Transfer
- HDMI 2.0 for 4K@60Hz and 21:9 aspect ratio provide the finest viewing experience
- Creative SoundCore 3D Gaming Audio
- Integrated HDMI 2.0 support
- Killer E2400 and IntelGaming Networks
- LED Trace Path with Multi-Color Choice
- APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS Technology
Currently we do not have any concrete details related to the price of the Gigabyte X170-Extreme ECC motherboard, but we will make sure to add more information as we come across anything.
In related Gigabyte news, the company has expanded its G1 Gaming series socket AM3+ motherboard with new 990X-Gaming SLI. Priced just over $99.99, the mob is based on AMD 990X chipset, support for USB 3.1 and M.2 interface.
Have anything interesting to add to the story? Let us know in the comments section below!
Arslan is one of Techfrag's regular news writers. When not digging out news stories, he is found buried nose deep in fantasy novels, wasted listening to dubstep, or raging against Xbox Live kids. Need I say more?