AMD Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Hotfix Drivers Add CF Profiles for Hitman, and Need for Speed
AMD has rolled out new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 hotfix drivers, which include an updated Crossfile profile for Hitman, as well as adding CF support for Need for Speed.
In addition to adding CF profiles for afore-mentioned titles, the new drivers fix issues with games running on Unreal Engine 4, frame rate being locked to the monitor refresh rate when running in some DX12 applications, intermittent hang in UE4 applications, and others.
- Installed or played games sometimes do not show up in the Radeon™ Settings “Gaming” tab.
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer.
- Intermittent hang sometimes experienced on UE4 applications.
- Black screen or possible hang after launching Oculus Video Application.
- DirectX®12 application frame rates are no longer locked to the refresh rate of the display panel.
According to release notes published by AMD, the Crimson Edition 16.3.1 drivers are compatible with all AMD Radeon graphics cards, including the aged Radeon HD 7700 / HD 7900 Series Graphics. You can download new AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 hotfix drivers over at their drivers support page.