Eurocom Launches VR-ready Sky X9E Gaming Laptop With GTX 980, Core i7-6700K
Eurocom has launched a new VR-ready laptop that is equipped with a GTX 980, Core i7-6700k, 64GB of DDR4 RAM and a 4K display.
The Sky X9E is a powerful, portable gaming notebook from Eurocom that is targeted towards the VR market. The device packs a plethora of different internal options depending on your needs and budget. The top of the line model unveiled in a recent press release comes with high-end desktop GPU and desktop socket processor to give performance-hungry enthusiasts the power of a much larger PC inside of a mobile package.
Touted as the the most powerful “desktop laptop” ever made, the Sky X9E is a completely user-upgradeable, fully customizable and extremely flexible machine. Based on an Intel Z170 Chipset, the laptop features an Intel Core i7-6700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, 64 GB DDR4 memory and an impressive 4K 17.3″ display.
Eurocom Sky X9E Specifications:
- Chipset: Intel Z170 Express (Skylake)
- Processor: socketed desktop LGA1151 CPU, up to Intel i7-6700K, fully unlocked
- Memory: up to 64GB; DDR4-2133, 2400 or 2666; 4 SODIMM sockets
- VGA Technology: NVIDIA GeForce: single or SLI GTX 980M, 970M or single 200W GTX 980 (desktop); PhysX; two MXM 3.0 slots
- Display Technology: supports 4 external monitors via 2x DP 1.2, 1x HDMI 2.0 and 1x HDMI 2.0 or DP1.2 (via USB 3.1 type C port); Nvidia Surround View
- Storage: up to 5TB with 4 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4/SATA3; RAID 0/1/5/10; supports NVMe SSDs
- Communications: two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 + M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth; Killer DoubleShot X3
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 10, 8.1 and 7
- Card Reader: 6-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC up to UHS-II
- Keyboard: Illuminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours
- Security: TPM 2.0, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock
- Audio System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5; external 7.1CH audio output; headphone out, microphone in, S/PDIF and Line-in port; two built-in FORSTER Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W)
- Ports: 1x USB 3.1 type C (HDMI 2.0/DP 1.2/Thunderbolt 3); 2x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 5x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; 2x RJ45 (LAN)
- Weight and dimensions: 4.8kg / 10.56lbs; WxDxH 428x308x45mm / 17.12×12.32×1.8-inch
According to Eurocom, Sky X9 is ready for any Oculus Rift or HTC Vive task you wish to throw at it. As expected, this tech doesn’t come cheap and carries a starting price tag of $2,585.