Fallout 4 Latest Update Adds Nvidia HBAO+ and Weapon Debris Effects
The latest 1.3 Beta Update for Fallout 4 has hit Stream, bringing NVIDIA’s HBAO+ technology and new weapon debris effects to the game, alongside other changes.
The HBAO+ is an Nvidia technology designed to improve the look of shadows over the standard HBAO, without any performance degradation. The feature will be available on AMD as well, however, the weapon debris effects are exclusive to Nvidia hardware.
Other new features include an added status menu for settlers in your settlements, and the ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers. In addition to that, the update improves performance, stability, as well as brings a number of fixes to gameplay.
Follow the below instructions to download the new beta update:
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
- If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.
Keep in mind that this beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, backup your saved games. For full details on the Fallout 4 1.3 Beta Update, head over to the news source, Forums.bethsoft.com.