ASUS Unveils E3 Pro Gaming V5 Motherboard for Xeon E3-1200 Processors
ASUS has revealed new ATX motherboard for Intel’s 6th generation Xeon E3-1200 server processors.
Dubbed as ASUS E3 Pro Gaming V5, the board is built with Intel’s C232 chipset which is required in order to support Xeon E3-1200 server processors. Another important thing to note here is that aside from Xeon E3-1200 server processors, the ASUS E3 Pro Gaming V5 also supports 6th-generation Intel Core and Pentium/Celeron CPUs, thanks to its LGA 1151 socket.
Some of the specifications of the said motherboard directly from ASUS include:
- CPU: Intel Socket 1151 for Xeon E3-1200 v5 and 6th genereation CoreTM, Pentium and Celeron Processors
- Chipset: Intel C232
- Memory: 4x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory, Dual-Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Expansion Slots:
- 1x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
- 1x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
- 2x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- 2x PCI
- (ASMedia USB 3.1 controller) 1x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C
- (Intel C232 chipset) 6x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
US release date is not specified as of this instant, but it will be available in UK for $175.
Arslan is one of Techfrag's regular news writers. When not digging out news stories, he is found buried nose deep in fantasy novels, wasted listening to dubstep, or raging against Xbox Live kids. Need I say more?