ASUS Unveils E3 Pro Gaming V5 Motherboard for Xeon E3-1200 Processors
ASUS has revealed new ATX motherboard for Intel’s 6th generation Xeon E3-1200 server processors.
Dubbed as ASUS E3 Pro Gaming V5, the board is built with Intel’s C232 chipset which is required in order to support Xeon E3-1200 server processors. Another important thing to note here is that aside from Xeon E3-1200 server processors, the ASUS E3 Pro Gaming V5 also supports 6th-generation Intel Core and Pentium/Celeron CPUs, thanks to its LGA 1151 socket.
Some of the specifications of the said motherboard directly from ASUS include:
- CPU: Intel Socket 1151 for Xeon E3-1200 v5 and 6th genereation CoreTM, Pentium and Celeron Processors
- Chipset: Intel C232
- Memory: 4x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory, Dual-Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Expansion Slots:
- 1x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
- 1x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
- 2x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- 2x PCI
- (ASMedia USB 3.1 controller) 1x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C
- (Intel C232 chipset) 6x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
US release date is not specified as of this instant, but it will be available in UK for $175.