Sony Xperia Z6 Series To Launch With As Many As Five Handsets
The official page of AnTuTu Benchmark on Weibo today posted the alleged names, screen sizes and more for the Xperia Z6 range of smartphones. According to the post, Sony will launch five new handsets in the next iteration of Xperia Z line starting from the 4-inch Mini version up to a a 6.4-inch version Ultra model.
AnTuTu’s Weibo page further revealed that four out of the five models will be powered by the Snapdragon 820 chipset. The only handset to make an exception and feature the Snapdragon 620 SoC will be the Z6 Mini.
Here’s the list of the five Xperia Z6 models:
- Sony Xperia Z6 Mini: Display 4 ” – Snapdragon 620 / Adreno 510 GPU
- Sony Xperia Z6 Compact: Display 4.6 ” – Snapdragon 820 / Adreno 530 GPU
- Sony Xperia Z6: Display 5.2 ” – Snapdragon 820 / GPU Adreno 530
- Sony Xperia Z6 Plus: Display 5.8 ” – Snapdragon 820 / Adreno 530 GPU
- Sony Xperia Z6 Ultra: Display 6.4 ” – Snapdragon 820 / Adreno 530 GPU
Sony will hold a press conference during CES in Las Vegas but it will hardly be the occasion for the launch of new Xperia Z6 devices. More likely, however, the Z6 line will be unveiled during the MWC to be held in late February in Barcelona.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.