Raspberry Pi Zero Outperforms the Original at $5
Creators have announced Raspberry Pi Zero that will cost users just $5. Moreover, this one outperforms the original Raspberry Pi and does that at a cheaper price.
The mini PC is not only more powerful compared to the first generation, but it is a lot smaller as well. This means successful integration with smaller devices and projects.
Where can you pick it up?
Well, you can get Raspberry Pi Zero at element14, The Pi Hut, Pimoroni, Adafruit, among other retailers. A product like this usually sells like hotcakes so be sure to pick one for yourself before it is sold out.
Here are the specs:
- A Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
- 1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
- 512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
- A micro-SD card slot
- A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
- Micro-USB sockets for data and power
- An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
- Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B
- An unpopulated composite video header
- Our smallest ever form factor, at 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
Raspberry Pi Zero runs Raspbian and many popular applications such as Scratch, Minecraft and Sonic Pi.
Sikander is a gamer at heart and loves to write about the latest technology trends. He does it all in the name of Techfrag!