EIZO FORIS FS2735 Gaming Monitor Features Two FreeSync Ranges
Back in August at GamesCom 2015, EIZO unveiled a new gaming monitor, the FORIS FS2735, that sports a 27-inch IPS panel with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, as well as LED backlight.
Now, the product’s user manual has revealed a pretty unique feature of this upcoming monitor, as spotted by a forum member over at Linus TechTips. The FORIS FS2735 comes with two FreeSync ranges, allowing the user to choose between a range of 35-90Hz or 56-144Hz.
With these FreeSync Low or FreeSync High ranges, the monitor should cover quite a lot of user setups very nicely.
AMD’s FreeSync technology is designed to dynamically synchronize refresh rate of the display with the frame rate of Radeon graphics adapters that results in eliminating stuttering and tearing.
Featuring a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz, the FORIS FS2735 is equipped with various notable technologies to deliver the smoothest gaming experience. First, it packs Eizo’s proprietary motion blur reduction feature that controls the blinking of the LED backlight, as well as includes flicker free, auto brightness, and low blue light modes.
To further enhance your gaming experience, the monitor comes with support for Eizo’s G-Ignition Mobile and G-Ignition Drive software solutions. The G-Ignition Mobile allows you to adjust the monitor’s settings with your smartphone while G-Ignition Drive cloud service lets you upload and share your gaming presets, as well as download gaming presets made by professional gamers.
As for connectivity, the monitor features one DisplayPort, two HDMI ports and one DVI-D input. In addition, it integrates dual-port USB 3.0 hub, two 1W speakers, a line-out jack for connecting to external speakers and a headphone jack.
Here’s a list of all other key features of this monitor:
- Screen: 27-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) LED backlit IPS Screen
- Colours: 16.77 million colours, 256 grey tones
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Response time: 4ms grey to grey
- I/O: PC: DisplayPort (with HDCP), DVI-D 24 pin (with HDCP), PC / AV: HDMI (with HDCP) x 2, 2-port USB 3.0 hub
- Audio: 1W stereo speakers, 3.5 mm stereo jack in, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Power consumption: 33W to 87W and 0.5W in standby
- Weight (with stand): 7.1Kg (4.6Kg)
- Stand adjustments: 155mm height, 90° pivot, 35° Up or 5° Down tilt – or use your own 100mm VESA mount
- Warranty: five years, plus zero bright pixel 6-month guarantee
The FORIS FS2735 will begin shipping this winter with a five-year manufacturer’s limited warranty. Pricing is yet to be revealed.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.