Report: AMD R9 380X To Release on November 19
AMD is planning to release R9 380X later this month on November 19, according to a new report. The card will feature 4GB of GDDR5 memory and will be using 256b-bit memory bus.
It is a full Tonga GPU, something that we haven’t seen before so don’t take it as a simple rebranding of an old product. Specs aren’t fully available but a comparison chart of supposed specs were posted by OC3D.NET and compared with R9 380.
- Compute Units: 28 (R9 380) – 32 (R9 380X)
- Stream Processors: 1792 (R9 380) – 2048 (R9 380X)
- ROPs: 32 (R9 380) – 32 (R9 380X)
- Architecture: GCN 1.2 (R9 380) – GCN 1.2 (R9 380X)
- Clock Speed: 970MHz (R9 380) – 1000-1100MHz (R9 380X)
- VRAM: 4GB (R9 380) – 4GB (R9 380X)
- Memory Clock: 5.6GHz (R9 380) – 5.6-6GHz (R9 380X)
- Memory Bus: 256-bit (R9 380) – 256-bit (R9 380X)
Keep in mind that these details aren’t confirmed so take them with a grain of salt. Also, if the report was indeed true I believe AMD would have said something about it now.
We’ll let you know as soon as more details are shared.