ZOTAC Launches Premium Edition SSDs With Phison SSD Controller and MLC NAND
The 2.5-inch SATA III SSD range will trumpet the speed and efficiency of the quad-core Phison SSD controller, while utilizing the outstanding MLC NAND for the “marathon reliability.” The Premium Edition SSD drives arrive on the SATA 6Gbps standard, and rated at up to 480TBW and up to 3,000PE cycles.
As installed in your PC, the drives will deliver sequential read/write speeds of up to 520MBps and 500MBps (240GB version) or 560MBps and 500MBps (480GB version). Here’s the full technical specs of the new Premium Edition drives:
Along with increased speed and reliability, ZOTAC’s latest SSDs feature various data protection technologies, including:
- End to End Data Path Protection – detects and corrects any errors along the paths that your data takes between the DRAM, controller, and NAND
- SmartECC – reconstructs bad/faulty pages when regular ECC checks fail
- SmartRefresh – monitoring the health status of ECC blocks and refreshing blocks intermittently to advance data retention
- Power Failure Protection – minimizing the time data is housed in the cache to prevent data loss during unexpected power outage
- Dynamic Wear Levelling – ensuring that the use of the NAND is spread out to extend the SSD’s lifespan
ZOTAC Premium Edition SSDs are backed by a limited 3-year warranty. The manufacturer hasn’t revealed the details about the pricing or availability of the product.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.