Google Nexus 6P Declared The Second Best Camera Phone by DxOMark
Experts over at DxOMark have recently reviewed Google’s just-announced Nexus 6P and declared it the second best camera phone currently available on the market.
The Huawei-made Nexus 6P boasts a custom 12.3 megapixel 1/2.3” type camera sensor from Sony with large 1.55 micron pixels. The large pixels allow more light to enter the camera, which results in taking impressive shots even under low-light situations.
Google claims that you won’t even need an optical image stabilizer (OIS) – thanks to the large pixels. Below are some of the distinguished features of the Nexus 6P camera as noted by DxOMark:
- Impressive detail preservation in low light conditions, by far the best tested to date
- Good detail preservation in outdoor conditions
- Accurate and fast autofocus in all conditions
- Good white balance and color rendering in outdoor conditions
- Flash: Good flash behavior with good detail preservation, white balance and color rendering
- Images are well exposed
The Nexus 6P was able to achieve an overall score of 84 on DxOMark Photo scale, followed by the LG G4, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Moto X Style, and the Sony Xperia Z3+. The only smartphone to rank higher than the 6P was the Samsung Galaxy S6, which got an overall score of 86.
(Image Credit: AndroidPIT)