AMD’s new Catalyst 15.9 Beta Driver Optimizes Star Wars Battlefront Beta and Fable Legends
AMD has released a new Catalyst driver for Windows, called the Catalyst 15.9 Beta, which provides optimizations for the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront Beta as well as Fable Legends.
The benchmark that has been provided for Fable Legends reveals that the new update for AMD Catalyst Beta Driver includes the latest DirectX 12 optimizations for the game, hence promising a much better and crisp gaming experience on the newest graphics API.
In addition, the new driver brings the usual bug fixes for games like Diablo 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, as well as resolves issues with some FreeSync monitors. Here’s the full list of resolved issues:
-  Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
-  The AMD Catalyst Control Center ‘update’ option fails to download the latest driver
-  Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
-  The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
-  World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
-  Assassin’s Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
-  Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
-  Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
-  DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
There are still a few known issues that will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming release. These known issues are as follows:
-  GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU’s
-  Star Wars: Battlefront Bata – Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
-  Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
-  A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
-  Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
-  A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
-  Elite: Dangerous – poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
-  Final Fantasy XIV – Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode
-  Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
-  Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled
-  Mad Max – Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key
You can download the new AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta driver from HERE.