Arbor Solution Intros Extremely Flexible FPC-7800 series of Powerful, Rugged Fanless Box PCs
Arbor Solution has debuted its new FPC-7800 series of powerful, rugged fanless box computers, which features variety of configurations to cater to different expansion requirements. The The FPC-7800 is designed to used in multiple environmental conditions, along with offering multiple storage options.
According to Brian Yurkiw, Arbor Solution vice president:
With its tremendous flexibility, the FPC-7800 is undoubtedly the flagship of our popular line of box PCs. Including the Intel Q87 chipset and a 4th generation Intel Core processor enhances the unit’s manageability and security for the most demanding needs.
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor, model FCP-7700, the FCP-7800 is an ideal fanless box computer for applications such as a controller on oil rigs; a control box on an assembly line; a vehicle computer, especially in cold conditions; and a machine vision component, where it excels due to its capability of housing a powerful i7 processor.
The new Arbor Solution FPC-7800 series includes the following models:
- FPC-7800 – lacks expansion slots, but is slim in profile and lightweight for a computer of this power
- FPC-7801 – adds one PCI and one PCI Express slot for users that need the flexibility to interface both types
- FPC-7802 – adds two PCI Express slots for users interfacing modern expansion cards
- FPC-7803 – adds two PCI slots for users interfacing older expansion cards and legacy hardware
All variations come with an additional mPCIe minicard slot, six USB 3.0 slots, options for internal USB slots, four COM ports, three GbE ports, and three video output ports (one DVI-I and two display ports).
Further, the FPC-7800 features two 2.5″ drive bays, and offers support for CFast cards as well as multiple/dual SATA drives. As for environmental conditions, the entire series is rated for extended ambient operating temperatures between -4 degrees and 131 degrees Fahrenheit.
Other features of the FPC-7800 series include:
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor or Haswell processor in LGA1150 socket
- Intel® Q87 chipset
- Integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics
- Wide-range DC 9~36V input with four-pin terminal-block power input
- iAMT support
- Support for triple independent displays (DVI-I + DisplayPort 2)
- Support for optional Wi-Fi or HSUPA wireless connectivity
- Rugged design for shock/vibration protection
- Memory support up to 16GB (DDR3)
- Support for RAID 0,1
- Weight: 14.1 lbs.
The Arbor Solution series of FPC-7800 fanless box PCs is priced at MSRPs ranging from $832 to $865, and is available from authorized resellers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.