AMD Radeon R9 Nano Starts to Appear at Retailers in U.S and Europe, Review Round-up Shows
AMD Radeon R9 Nano was released last month and the device is now starting to show-up at different retails stores. AMD Radeon R9 Nano is available in the U.S for $649, while the price is €699 in Europe.
Also, reviews are starting to come in and they paint a nice picture. AMD Radeon R9 Nano reviews reveal performance similar to R9 Fury X, which isn’t a surprise as its specs are pretty similar to Fury X.
You can see full specs for R9 Nano below:
- GPU ARCHITECTURE – 28nm
- API SUPPORT – DirectX® 12, Mantle, OpenGL® 4.58, Vulkan™, OpenCL™ 2.0
- HIGH-BANDWIDTH MEMORY (HBM) – Yes
- PCI EXPRESS® VERSION – 3.0
- VIRTUAL SUPER RESOLUTION (VSR) – Yes
- AMD FREESYNC™ TECHNOLOGY – Yes
- AMD LIQUIDVR™ TECHNOLOGY – Yes
- 4K RESOLUTION SUPPORT – Yes
- FRAME RATE TARGET CONTROL (FRTC) – Yes
- DDMA AUDIO – Yes
- HDMI (WITH 4K, STEREO 3D, DEEP COLOR & X.V.COLOR™) – Yes
- AMD POWERTUNE TECHNOLOGY – Yes
- AMD ZEROCORE POWER TECHNOLOGY – Yes
- AMD TRUEAUDIO TECHNOLOGY – Yes
- AMD EYEFINITY TECHNOLOGY (MAXIMUM DISPLAYS) – Up to 6 displays with DisplayPort MST hub
- AMD HD3D TECHNOLOGY – Yes
- VIDEO CODEC ENGINE (VCE) (WITH H.264, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2, VC-1 & BLU-RAY 3D) – Yes
- GPU CLOCK SPEED – Up to 1000 MHz
- MEMORY BANDWIDTH – 512 GB/s
- MEMORY INTERFACE – 4096-bit HBM
- MEMORY AMOUNT – 4GB HBM
- STREAM PROCESSING UNITS – 4096 (64 Compute Units)
- REQUIRED POWER SUPPLY CONNECTORS – 1x 8-pin
- AMD CROSSFIRE™ SUPPORT (MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GPUS AND CROSSFIRE BRIDGE INTERCONNECT REQUIRED) – no
- FORM FACTOR – Full Height, Small form factor, dual slot
Here’s a review round-up for AMD R9 Nano:
Like the specs mention, AMD Radeon R9 Nano comes with a 4GB GDDR5 RAM and its supports up to 4 monitors. You will also get a compact design and 4K resolution. The card should be a popular choice among AMD fans but Nvidia guys won’t really be tempted. For the same price, Nvidia fans can upgrade to GTX 980 Ti.
What do you think? Is AMD R9 Nano worth the price?