NVIDIA Rolls out Firmware Updates for SHIELD, Android TV and Tegra NOTE 7
NVIDIA has released firmware updates for a number of its devices, including the SHIELD Portable, SHIELD Android TV and TV Pro, and the Tegra NOTE 7. The new firmware packs a bunch of performance enhancements and an Android update.
The NVIDIA SHIELD Portable receives Software Upgrade 106, which contains various security improvements and button functionality fixes. The update brings NVIDIA button functionality from voice search to SHIELD Hub and a revision to the Start/Play button functionality that now makes it behaves the same as in KitKat.
Update 1.4 hits the Android TV and optimizes SHIELD for a plethora of new apps and games. The full list of newly released apps and games is as follows:
- FXNOW – Watch critically acclaimed dramas, hit comedies, and blockbuster movies.
- WWE Network – Get WWE pay-per-view LIVE plus WWE on-demand collection.
- Fox Sports Go – Enjoy live sports and great shows from FOX Sports.
- CBS Sports – Watch sports content for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, Golf and more.
- CBS News – Watch 24/7 video news plus on-demand programs like 60 minutes.
- The Weather Network – Weather information and forecast details at your fingertips.
- This War of Mine – You play as a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city.
- Xenowerk – A top-down action shooter in an underground science lab.
- Windward – An action-filled multiplayer sandbox game that puts you in control of a ship.
- Killing Floor: Calamity – A re-imagined Arcade Shooter version of the original Killing Floor.
- Flyhunter Origins – A sci-fi platformer game developed by former Pixar artists.
- Twin Runners 2 – A stunning and very challenging try and die game.
- Pure Pool – The most authentic Pool experience from the comfort of your couch.
As for the Tegra NOTE 7, the device is getting the 3.0.0 OTA Firmware, which is customized to ameliorate overall performance and stability. This is an over-the-air (OTA) release, but a recovery image for the Tegra NOTE 7 LTE is also available for download.
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.