Razer Diamondback is Back with Chroma lighting and 5G laser sensor
Razer released its legendary Diamondback mouse way back in 2004. It was the world’s first mouse to be equipped with optical sensor, while its form factor and functionality were developed in collaboration with the best athletes of the eSports era. It has won numerous awards worldwide and has remained a mouse highly sought after and sold to date.
Today, as the peripheral maker decides to update some of its most classic accessories, it’s bringing back the Diamondback as well. The new Razer Diamondback has kept the same iconic shape as the first, but it also takes advantage of the latest technological developments of the probe.
“Razer has always developed hardware for the ambitious gamer in the world, and the Diamondback was one of the first mouse created by listening to feedback from players of eSports to ensure the domain when the competition gets tougher,” said Min-Liang Tan, co-founder and CEO of Razer.
“We took the project Diamondback and we have upgraded with the best technology available today to create a mouse that will delight fans of Razer.”
While it comes complete with Razer’s Chroma lighting, the biggest addition to the 2015 Diamondback is the integration of a 5G 16,000 DPI laser sensor. According to Razer, the laser sensor can handle up to 210 inches per second with 50 g of acceleration, while the DPI levels can be adjusted at 1 DPI at a time using Razer’s Synapse software.
Unlike every other gaming mouse on the market, the new Diamondback is long and skinny measuring 4.9 inches length and only 2.6 inches width. The mouse is also very lightweight, coming in at less than 100g.
Below are the full technical specs and system requirements for the updated Razer Diamondback.
- Form factor ambidextrous
- 5G 16,000 DPI laser sensor
- Up to 210 inches per second / acceleration of 50 g
- Ultrapolling 1,000 Hz
- Changing on the fly sensitivity
- Lighting Chroma customizable
- Color inter-device synchronization
- Nine programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Compatible with Razer Synapse
- Braided fiber cable from 2.1m
- Approximate size: 125mm (length) x 60 mm (width) x 30 mm (height)
- Approximate Weight: 89 g (without cable)
- PC or Mac with a USB port
- Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
- Internet connection
- 100 MB of hard disk space
- Registration to Razer Synapse (required e-mail address), download the software, accept the license agreement, an internet connection to activate all the features of the product and software updates. After activation, all features are also available in offline mode optional.
The 2015 Diamondback is releasing in October for $90. You can pre-order the product now on Razer’s store.