Treyarch Reveals Black Ops 3 PC-specific Features and Minimum Specs
At this year’s Gamescom, Treyarch revealed a bunch of details about the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, which is set to arrive on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 6, 2015.
The developer promises to provide a fully-supported experience for PC gamers as well as their console brethren. In addition to offering seamless experience on all types of different rigs, Treyarch has a bunch of new features coming to the PC version of Black Ops 3, including FOV and frame rate cap sliders.
“Treyarch’s PC team has been hard at work developing PC specific features and optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on PC,” writes Treyarch’s John Rafacz in a blog post specifically dedicated to the PC community. “We’re focused on delivering performance for the widest range of hardware possible, while being able to scale on high-end rigs.”
Here’s the list of PC-specific features found in Black Ops 3:
- 100% Ranked Dedicated Servers
- 2-Player Split Screen
- Seamless Game Controller Support
- Strong GPU scaling, SLI and Crossfire Optimizations, and 4K monitor support make the game look and run great at full 4K resolution
- FOV Slider
- Framerate Cap Slider
- Improved Text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
- Fantastic Steam Trading Cards – collect them all!
- Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)
The studio has also released a projected minimum system requirements for the game, which reads as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Treyarch has not yet revealed the graphical features of the game as they’re currently working on it. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 are among the best selling games of all time on any platform, so expectations run high for the upcoming release.