New Tool Lets You Fix 37 Privacy Issues in Windows 10 With Just One Click
Microsoft’s new Windows 10 OS has been a huge hit compared to the predecessor Windows 8. It’s just been a week since the latest desktop OS was released to the general public, and it’s already been installed on more than 70 million PCs.
But it looks like Windows 10 is far less forgiving when it comes to the default option for privacy.
The new OS has some features that majority of people consider invasion of privacy, and they’re enabled by default. Of course, you can opt out of several of Windows 10’s spying features, but that requires you to comb through a dozen different settings screens in the Windows.
Now, there’s a new free app that can adjust all of the privacy and security settings in one place. Designed by German developer pXc-coding, DoNotSpy10 creates a centralized interface where users can disable the grand total of 37 privacy and security issues with a single click.
Here’s a full list of the settings DoNotSpy10 can currently configure:
- Disable telemetry
- Disable Biometrics
- Disable handwriting data disclosure
- Disable handwriting Error Reporting
- Disable Application Telemetry
- Disable Inventory Collector
- Disable Steps Recorder
- Disable lock screen camera settings
- Deactivate and reset Cortana
- Disable localization
- Disable sensors
- Disable Web search
- Disable Windows Media DRM Internet access
- Activate postponing upgrades
- Disable app notifications
- Disable Password button ads
- Stopping and resetting the advertising ID
- Disable SmartScreen filter for URLs
- Disable sending write information
- Disable access to language list
- Disable app access to localization
- Disable app access to camera
- Disable app access to microphone
- Disable acquaintance
- Disable app access to user accounts info
- Disable app access to calendar
- Disable app access to messages
- Disable app access to wireless connections
- Disable app access to Uncoupled devices
- Disable prompts Feedback
- Disabling Windows Update distribution
- Disable Windows Update for other products
- Disable WiFi Sense
- Disable Windows Defender
- Disable automatic Windows Updates
- Deactivate OneDrive
- Disable Automatic Driver Updates
It’s worth mentioning here that your Antivirus product may detect this software as malicious in nature because the tool can modify Windows settings and that it includes an advertisement campaign.
But worry not, technically it’s not a malware; you can always uninstall the app after using it once.
The app makes changes in the Registry in the background, so make sure you reboot the system once for changes to take effect.
Follow this link to download and install DoNotSpy10 for free.