Sony Rolls Out the Android 5.1 Update To Xperia Z2 And Z3 Series
Sony has officially started rolling out the Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Xperia users. Currently, the devices receiving the upgrade include Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z3 Tablet, Compact Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3.
Keep one thing in mind that not all devices around the globe from the above mentioned list have received the update yet. Since all markets have their own strategies and the rollout is staggered upon it. Other devices and series will receive the update in the future.
After the Xperia Z2 and Z3 series, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z1 will receive the update followed by the original Xperia Z Series, Xperia C3 and Xperia T2 Ultra. Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua will also be upgraded to Android 5.1 Lollipop afterwards.
However, the E-series’ fate hasn’t been announced just yet. The low budgeted series might not even get an OS update and the users might be stuck with Android 4.4 forever. The E-series include Xperia E4g, Xperia E4 and Xperia E3.
Sony has made quite a few changes and the update looks improved. The users updating from Android 5.0 won’t feel any actual difference in the feature but it might be a treat for those shifting from Android 4.4 KitKat. Look at the tweaks below!
- Increased customization options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
- Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronization in your Calendar
- Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
- Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
- SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button