Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced, Will Be Free for Current Players
Great news for all Minecraft players, a new and more exciting version is on its way. The latest version is coming out on July 29 with the Windows 10 update for Windows 10. It is called ‘Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta’.
A blogpost by Mojang states that Windows 10 beta version will evolve over the time and become more exciting with each feedback. And the good news is that all future updates will be absolutely free. While others who do not play Minecraft will be charged with $10 during the beta trial.
If you’re one of the 20 million(!) players who have the PC edition of Minecraft (referred to by techy people as the Java version) you’ll be able to download Windows 10 Edition Beta from the Windows 10 store for free.
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Pocket Edition will have the same recognizable features but here are some extra highlights. It’s like the Cherry on top, no?
- Craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends playing Windows 10 Edition Beta, through local multiplayer or with your Xbox Live friends online.
- Play online and local multiplayer with other Pocket Edition players thanks to a free update, due to arrive soon after launch.
- Multiple control schemes! Switch between controller, touch, and keyboard controls with little to no effort!
- Record and share gameplay highlights with built-in GameDVR.
- Help shape the future of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with our built player feedback mechanisms!
- Chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, potatoes, zombies, baby squids, enchantment tables, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and all the weird and wonderful goodness you’ve come to expect from Minecraft.
Moving on, it will be available on Windows 10 (due release), PS Vita, PS4 and PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Mac. As confirmed in the post, all versions of Minecraft aer not the same. While it has the same Creative and Survival Modes and it has multiplayer support.