ASRock Rack Launches EPC612D4U-2T8R Micro ATX Motherboard
ASRock Rack, ASRock’s division for server components production, has announced its latest micro-ATX server board EPC612D4U-2T8R.
The latest motherboard in ASRock’s lineup is the first to feature E5 processor. It has been designed to provide “the compact and powerful solution for server markets,” the firm states.
- Micro ATX 9.6″ x 9.6″
- Socket LGA 2011 R3 Intel® Xeon processor E5-1600/2600 v3 series
- Supports Quad channel DDR4 2133/1866/ ECC DIMM, R DIMM, LR DIMM
- Intel® C612: 6 x SATA3 6.0Gb/s(support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10); 2 x sSATA3 6.0Gb/s(support RAID 0, 1)
- Supports 8-port SAS 3 by LSI:3008
- Supports 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 8
- Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN (RTL8211E)
- Supports 1 x Intel®X540
According to the manufacturer, EPC612D4U-2T8R is the first mATX motherboard that features Intel® Xeon® E5 v3 series with LGA 2011-3 single socket. It comes with support capability for four DDR4 DIMM slots and eight SATA3.0 ports.
Moreover, the board promises broad expandability possibilities with its support for two PCIe 3.0 x16 and one PCIe 3.0 x8. The redundancy can also be achieved with the same ease, thanks to the RAID implementation.
“EPC612D4U-2T8R is equipped with 1 Intel® X540, supports two of 10GBased-T, the throughput is fantastic,” ASRock explains its network capability. “Overall, with the high performance processor, storage and network all together in a macro ATX motherboard, EPC612D4U-2T8R is perfect for the compact storage solution such as mid-range servers, web 2.0 storage servers, and other warm data servers.”
The company has not listed the pricing for the motherboard yet.