Samsung is Reportedly Making 70% of A9 Chips for Next Gen iPhone
The smartphone giant Samsung is said to be creating more than half of the A9 chips for the upcoming iPhone. Rumor has it that Samsung will be developing 70 percent of the A9 processors for the next gen iPhone.
Samsung has been Apple’s direct competitor in a while now; for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung produced 50 percent of the chips for Apple but now it has gone up. Only months are left in the official launch of iPhone 6s and looks like Samsung made processors will be powering them.
A report was published by Chiphell and according to it, 30 percent of the A9 processors which will be further used in the next gen iPhone will be produced by TSMC and the rest of the 70 percent will be produced by Samsung.
Samsung will be making the 2 GB LPDDR4 RAM for the upcoming iPhone while the rest of the chips will be developed by Hynix. This time around Samsung has taken a leap as compared to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, as they increased the production of these chips by 20 percent for the new iPhone.
Previously, Hynix and Samsung divided the production of DRAM 50-50. The new iPhone is also expected to launch with a better camera. Most probably with more megapixels than previous ones. The current iPhone has an 8 MP iSight camera.
With only months left in the unveiling of the new iPhone, we will know everything for sure. Until then stay tuned and we will keep you updated.