Reserve Strap Extends Apple Watch Battery Life By 30 Hours, Available In November
Using the new battery charging accessory from Reserve Strap, Apple Watch owners can extend the battery life of their devices by 30 hours, reports MacRumors.
Reserve Strap has released the official details regarding the design of its accessory, which it plans to make available in first week of November 2015 for $249.99.
The battery charging accessory was offered for the first time in early March. Since then, its developers have introduced two design iterations. In the latest iteration, the developers have replaced the rubber and metallic combination design of the Reserve Strap with with a uniform Thermoset Elastomer Silicone band, our news source explains.
Beyond the obvious changes in design of the accessory, the overhauled iteration shows an impressive boost of 167% in battery life as well. Previously, the battery boost was about 125%.
When the accessory becomes available in November, Apple Watch owners may think to give this productive device a try. But for that, in addition to accessory’s price, they will have to remove the cover to the hidden port on the watch.
The developers promise that the Reserve Strap was designed in accordance to Apple Watch Band Design Guidelines without violating “either AppleCare warranty or Apple Terms & Conditions.” Interested Apple Watch owners can pre-order the accessory from company’s website for $249.99.
In a blog post, Reserve Strap developers have explained how it works.
1. Reserve Strap will connect to the Apple Watch similar to Apple bands. It will slide in laterally then you’ll then push forward a small switch underneath the band to engage the accessory port connection to secure the Reserve Strap on the Watch.
2. At your discretion simply press the power button once to initiate charging. You can use the Watch as normal while it charges.
3. Once top-off charging is complete after 60-75 minutes, press the power button again to save the rest of Reserve Strap for another time. Or if you decide to leave Reserve Strap on, Apple Watch will use the Strap’s power to keep the Apple Watch at 100% power until the Reserve Strap is depleted.
4. Reserve Strap uses a minimal LED indicator to let you know how much charge you have left. When you turn the charge on or plug it in, the LED will glow either red, yellow or green indicating a high, medium, or low charge.
5. Recharging the Reserve Strap and Apple Watch is incredibly easy. You can leave your Strap on the Watch and simply plug it in via micro USB. This will charge the Apple Watch and Reserve Strap at the same time!