How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM on HTC One M8
If you own the HTC One M8 and can’t wait for the official firmware to roll out then look no further. You can now install a stable and fast customized ROM on your 2014 HTC flagship smartphone.
The new Resurrection Remix custom ROM is based on the latest AOSP 5.1.1 Lollipop, and brings extensive performance tweaks and customisation options. Here’s a quick list of key features in Resurrection Remix for HTC One M8:
- Navigation Bar
- Status Bar
- Brightness Slider
- Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- Clock Customizations
- Gesture anywhere
- Quick-smart pull-down option
- Dark material theme
- Network traffic monitor
- Quick-unlock feature
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- All CM12 features
If you love to use these features, follow this simple tutorial to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM on your HTC One M8.
- This tutorial is only for installing the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 on the unlocked HTC One M8. Please don’t try it on any other variants of the phone.
- Installing a custom ROM requires clearing all the device memory. So make sure you backup all the necessary stuff on your phone.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Before installing the custom ROM, ensure that the device is rooted with the latest CWM or TWRP recovery tool and its bootloader is unlocked.
- USB drivers of HTC One M8 should be installed on the PC.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
Disclaimer: TechFrag will not be held liable for any potential damage caused to your device as a result of following this guide. So users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM on HTC One M8
Download Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on your computer and extract boot.img file.
Also download the GApps package for your device.
Connect your HTC One to the computer using a USB cable.
Copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Copy and paste the boot.img file (which you extracted in the first step) to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Disconnect the USB cord then turn off your HTC device.
Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys together.
Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open Command Prompt by holding Shift and Right-click then tap on the ‘Open Command Prompt’.
Type the following commands into the window and press Enter after each one:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot reboot
Follow the onscreen instructions. Select Bootloader then go to Recovery.
Once in the recovery mode, perform full data wipe by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option in the recovery mode.
Also clear cache memory of the device by selecting ‘wipe cache partition’ followed by ‘wipe dalvik cache’ to perform complete wipe (from Advanced).
Go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and select ‘install zip from SD card’.
Navigate to the phone’s SD card and select the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 custom firmware file, which you copied earlier to the root folder of phone’s SD card. Confirm the flashing process.
Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step to install Google Apps.
Return to main menu of recovery mode and reboot the device by selecting ‘reboot system now’. The phone will take about 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed.
That’s it! Now, your HTC One M8 should be running the new Android 5.1.1 custom ROM. Enjoy!