How to Recover Missing Notification Toggles on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
In a recent issue that appears to be affecting a huge number of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge owners, several notification toggles seem to randomly going missing. These notification toggles include quick toggles for mobile data, hotspot and private mode, that are simply evaporating out of the drawer for some unknown reason.
Samsung has recently acknowledged the issue via customer support as well as on its couple of regional Twitter accounts. The company has urged affected users to backup their important stuff then perform a factory reset of the phone. But it has not offered any permanent fix for the problem yet.
Some folks at XDA have, however, ascertained that the issue is caused by an inherent software bug, which forces the OS to remove toggles the user hasn’t touched in more than 30 days. Though other reports contradict the 30-day use and disuse theory of XDA, claiming that the issue could be both random and intermittent.
Whatever the cause may be, the great news is that an XDA senior member NimeniAltu has issued a quick-fix for the disappearing notification toggles issue. He has started distributing a bunch of modified APKs that will re-enable the switches or toggles for Wi-Fi hotspot, private mode and mobile data.
Note: While all of these APK fixes do seem to work fine on both Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, OP has not verified the contents of these APKs. So proceed at your own risk!
Steps to Follow: Unofficial Fix to Recover Missing Toggles on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
1. Simply download and install the necessary APKs from the following links on your smartphone.
- Modified APK fix for mobile data toggle switch
- Modified APK fix for Wi-Fi hotspot toggle switch
- Modified APK fix for private mode toggle switch
2. Hit “add MultiWindow toggle,” and the appropriate toggle for the feature in each APK will be restored on your phone.
3. You may later uninstall the APKs without losing or affecting the installed toggle switches.
We will update this post as soon as we get any official word regarding this issue. Stay tuned!