New Research Suggests That Apple Products Are Favored By 84 Percent In Enterprise
Microsoft and its windows-based platforms are still the most used in the world, both commercially and in enterprise. However, Apple might be turning the tide.
A new research was conducted recently which covered the following topics:
- Top industries for Apple usage
- Spending patterns on Apple products
- BYOD usage of Apple products
- Reasons for using/not using Apple products
- Positive outcomes
- Negative outcomes
- Competitors to Apple in the enterprise
As part of the research, a survey was conducted in which 1,369 people participated, and responded to the use of Apple products in the enterprise.
The details which came out of the survey are really interesting. The survey revealed that 84% of the companies adopted Apple products due to one of the following reasons.
- Employees can use whichever product they want – 28%
- Executives asked for Apple products – 26%
- Employees asked for Apple products – 23%
- We have always used Apple products – 11%
- IT department asked for Apple products – 7%
- Software we use is only on Apple products – 5%
People tend to use the same products at both work and at home, this may have something to do with employees specifically requesting Apple products.
56% also said that they have seen positive outcomes after adopting Apple products in their company. Some said it reduced spending on IT, while others claim that longer and cheaper upgrade cycles help out.
You can read the full report at the link provided above. Feel free to share your take on the story down below.