Here’s How You Can Use Moto 360 Android Wear With iPhone
The Moto 360 is currently only compatible with Android, with support for iOS probably arriving later this year. However, until then, there’s a way by which users can work their Moto 360 with an iPhone. This process is without the need of hacking anything or jailbreaking your iPhone.
Before heading into that process, know that functionality is limited, and you can’t send text replies back directly from the smartwatch. Also, the connection process between the Moto 360 and an iPhone is anything but seamless.
“HOWEVER, mostly everything should work, such as notifications, answering/declining calls, and the apps on the moto 360 itself should work without a problem. However, at this time, you cannot send messages from the moto 360 itself,” says the video creator.
- Moto 360 smartwatch
- Android device that supports Android Wear
- iPhone or iPad
Connect your Moto 360 to an Android device first, and follow the steps outlined below.
- Download ‘Wear Connect for iOS’ (from here) on your Android smartphone.
- On your Moto 360 launch the Wear Connect app and then turn on iOS Service. Keep in mind that this will disconnect your Moto 360 from your Android device, so don’t be alarmed.
- Swipe left on the ‘Disconnected’ notification on your Moto 360 and you’ll be presented with a bunch of steps on how to connect your device with your iPhone or iPad.
- On your iOS device, download ‘BLE Utility’ (from here) and install it.
- Launch BLE Utility on your iOS device and then tap on the Peripheral tab at the bottom.
- Tap on the Menu option on your Moto 360, after which you’ll be prompted to enter a PIN number to connect. Do everything as prompted, and your Android Wear smartwatch will pair with your iOS device.
For more detailed instructions, you can check out the video above.