Twitter Launches Feature To Declutter Your Feed With Highlights Summary
Getting overwhelmed by the plethora of hashtags, retweets and favorites on your Twitter feed? Twitter has now the solution to summarize the best tweets for you to scroll through quickly, without missing on anything.
The new feature, called Highlights, was recently rolled out and lets users swim past the excessive tweets which are a great deal of a time, just useless for the user.
The service provides a summary “of the best tweets for you, delivered via rich push notification,” twice a day, as claimed by Twitter’s Gordon Luk in a blog post.
For now, Highlights is only restricted to English reading users on the Android app of the microblogging site.
“We want to help you get the most out of Twitter, no matter how much time you spend with it. While your home timeline is a great place to browse through and engage with tweets, we know it can be challenging to find the time to get through everything,” Luk wrote.
To enable the summarizing feature on your account:
- Launch the official Twitter app
- Bring up the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click on your account name
- Tap on Mobile Notifications
- Scroll down to check the new option of Highlights
- The check box should display a check mark, marking the feature as active
Twitter users who would enable the service will see a new Highlights section in a push notification, where they can browse through popular tweets and trending stories.