iPhone 6 Selling Three Times More Than Its Flagship Sibling iPhone 6 Plus
Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have, hands down, been the hottest hunks in town – grasping all attention from loyal customers and haters alike. Since iPhone 6 Plus was the first phone by Apple to enter the phablet category, we expected the forlorn little sibling of the iPhone 6 Plus to get neglected.
We all thought this might be the end of the normal sized smartphones by Apple, but surprisingly, the results have been somewhat shocking. The smaller iPhone 6 is outselling 6 Plus by nearly a 3-to-1 ratio.
The first question to pop in mind is, “how?” Is it more popular, or is the delay in supply of 6 Plus tampering with the increase in sales?
According to Consumer Intelligence Research Partners, within the first 30 days of launch in U.S.:
- iPhone 6 accounted for 68 percent of all iPhones sold
- iPhone 6 Plus, had just 24 percent of sales
As a whole, both the new smartphones managed to account for 91% of all iPhones sold in this period. The rest 9% was iPhone 5S and 5c.
During the same time period last year, the then-new iPhone 5s and 5c were responsible for 84 percent of total iPhone sales. This shows us that consumers are more interested in this year’s new models than they were a year ago.
In case you’re wondering why we are a little surprised by the results, here’s a recap of the specs:
- Camera: 8 MP rear camera, 1.2 MP front facing
- Processor: A8 chip, 64-bit, M8 processor
- OS: iOS 8
- Storage: 16/64/128 GB internal
- Screen Size: 4.7 inch
- Weight: 129 g
- Battery: 14 hours talk time
iPhone 6 Plus
- Screen Size: 5.5 inch
- Weight: 172 g
- Battery: 24 hours talk-time
While many specs are the same in both phones, there still are features that iPhone 6 Plus flaunts boastfully. Yet, the plainer model is favored by users, though this doesn’t mean it is more popular. This is because Apple is not being able to lessen the supply and demand ratio, with the website still telling customers they will have to wait for 3-4 weeks for shipment.
Computer Science student who puts thoughts onto paper either through writing or sketching, and considers ideal happiness as a good book, under the open sky, with a cup of tea.