How to Install LG G3 Smart Keyboard on Any Rooted Android Device
It’s usually the little things that make the biggest difference, and that’s exactly what we can say about the LG G3 Smart Keyboard. Most people replace stock keyboard on their Android devices with third party options like SwiftKey or Swype. But LG G3’s default keyboard is pretty solid. In fact, it’s one of the most customizable keyboards I’ve ever used.
Among its best features, the G3 Keyboard learns, meaning it will slowly develop itself as it interprets your touches and typing habits. If you’re having a repetitive trouble while typing, it will adopt to discern your meaning so that you can type faster and with more accuracy. But the coolest thing about this keyboard is that you can actually resize it to find the best balance between keyboard size and visible screen area.
But what about if you have another Android phone like Samsung Galaxy S5 or Moto X? No worry, there’s an easy way to install LG G3 Keyboard on any Android smartphone. You only need to make sure you’ve a rooted Android device running Android Jelly Bean or KitKat or any custom ROM based on it.
So let’s go ahead and install LG G3 keyboard on any Android device.
- First, you will need to download the LG G3 Keyboard installation APK file.
- Once it is downloaded, press on it to install the file.
- In case you can’t open the file, you can use ES File Explorer app from Play Store to install it.
- If you get security error, just tap the Settings button and enable “Unknown Sources” then try again.
- If it shows you a warning message, hit the Accept button as it’s not going to harm your device.
- Also, you do need to have BusyBox installed on your device. So if you don’t have it, go ahead and install BusyBox app from Play Store.
- Finally, run the LG G3 Keyboard app.
- The app will ask for the root access, click OK.
- Make sure you hit Allow when Superuser request window pops up.
- Now, you may backup your current keyboard file setup so that if things go wrong, you can come back and restore your previous keyboard.
- After backing up the setup, hit the Install button to install the LG G3 Keyboard.
- Reboot your Android device.
- Once done, go to Settings > Language & input and change the default keyboard to LG G3 Keyboard. Make sure you’ve “LG Keyboard” box checked.
Now, you should be able to enjoy your new LG G3 Keyboard! You can also manually change the height of the G3’s keyboard by jumping over to Settings > Language & input > LG Keyboard > Keyboard height and layout > Keyboard height.
The G3 Keyboard should work on any Android device as long as the device is rooted and running Android Jelly Bean or KitKat.
Source: XDA Forums
Gohar is the lead editor at TechFrag. He has a wide range of interests when it comes to tech but he's currently spending a big chunk of his time writing about privacy, cyber security, and anything policy related.