LG G3 Beat Officially Announced: G3’s Mid-Tier Variant With Laser Autofocus Camera
Recently, LG G3’s mid-range alternative, the G3 Beat has been given worldwide availability after being launched in China. The smartphone, G3 Beat will be available initially in South Korea starting today, whereas the global venture would begin from Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries in a few weeks after the official launch.
To the unknown price of the smartphone, the company has stated it to be revealed at the time of the launch.
It has further been said that the LG G3 Beat will be as ‘LG G3 s’ in Europe and the CIS region. The smartphone has been denoted to be targeted towards the low- to mid-tier segment or group of customers, while the handset comes with various goodies from the company’s flagship, the G3.
The cellular device features the following amongst many other traits:
- It comes equipped with Laser Auto Focus that enables the G3 Beat user to measure the distance between the subject and the camera using a laser beam.
- With Touch & Shoot functionality, the two-way process of snapping a picture is reduced to just one; you simply touch anywhere on the display to focus and shoot.
- Now, you can automatically start a three-second countdown before you capture the picture by simply clenching your hand in front of the screen, thanks to Gesture Shot.
- Smart Keyboard improves your typing speed as it reduces errors by up to 75 percent.
- Then there’s QuickMemo+, which lets you sketch and take notes in a more creative manner.
On the hardware side, it has a 5.0-inch HD IPS display with a screen-to-body ratio of 74.1 percent, the highest in the mid-tier smartphone segment. The LG G3 Beat offers impressively thin bezels and a robust 2,540mAh battery.
“Smartphone manufacturers cannot ignore this growing segment of consumers who want the best balance of looks, features, performance and, of course, price,” said Dr. Jong-Seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
“The LG G3 Beat represents our commitment to the mid-tier smartphone market that demands mature technology, proven branding, great innovation and attractive price, all in a single device.”
The operating software is Android 4.4.2 KitKat, similar to the G3 and the processor is a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 with a 2GB RAM. The handset includes an inbuilt 8GB storage capacity along with a microSD card expansion facility.
The connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPRS/EDGE, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Micro-USB, and 3G/4G LTE support.
It is also available in a variety of colors such as Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold. The body of LG G3 Beat is the same ‘Floating Arc Design’ as seen on the LG G3, featuring smooth curved sides and gradually tapered edges.
Hence an overall statement can be made that the smartphone just might be right for a low- to mid-tier consumer, but the final decision can only be made when the price is exposed.